Musician’s stuff: 6 good suggestions for a more creative 2017
“Invest in yourself and try new things this year!”
6 useful tips to be a more creative musician, 6 good propositions for 2017:
As a musician, few things are more important than developing our own creativity. Our ability to write meaningful songs, to construct inspiring instrumentals, or to find innovative ways of adding post-production nuances depends on our ability to think outside the box and find new, unique sounds.
The 6 ways
- Write on an instrument that you don’t usually play.
- Get better at what you do play.
- Listen to music that is new to you.
- Have a jam session — but listen to another band mate more than you listen to yourself.
- Pseudo-transcribe your favorite artist.
- Learn music theory and develop your ear.