With “ Oh My Tmux!”, a self-contained, pretty and versatile
tmux configuration file
tmux is a tool that can be used to multiplex several virtual consoles, allowing a user to access multiple separate terminal sessions inside a single terminal window or remote terminal session.
It lets you switch easily between several programs in one terminal, detach them (they keep running in the background) and reattach them to a different terminal.
The commands are pretty simple to memorize, but if you need a quick reference, you can use this cheat sheet:
However, tmux may be very useful only if properly configured.
C-aacts as secondary prefix, while keeping default
- visual theme inspired by Powerline
- maximize any pane to a new window with
- SSH aware username and hostname status line information
- mouse mode toggle with
- automatic usage of
- laptop battery status line information
- uptime status line information
- optional highlight of focused pane (tmux
- configurable new windows and panes behavior (optionally retain current path)
- SSH aware split pane (reconnects to remote server, experimental)
- copy to OS clipboard (needs
- Facebook PathPicker integration if available
- Urlview integration if available
>= 2.1running inside Linux, Mac, OpenBSD, Cygwin or WSL (Bash on Ubuntu on Windows)
- outside of tmux,
$TERMmust be set to
To install, run the following from your terminal: (you may want to backup your existing
$ cd $ git clone https://github.com/gpakosz/.tmux.git $ ln -s -f .tmux/.tmux.conf $ cp .tmux/.tmux.conf.local .
Then proceed to customize your
More information and downloads
- tmux – Oh My Tmux! My pretty + advanced self-contained configuration that just works (imho the best tmux configuration)github.com
- tmux source codegithub.com