A useful windows software for Android Pentesting
Aditya Agarwal is a Information Security Professional that has realized an interesting package for penetration testing and forensic purposes on android apps:
Appie is a software package that has been pre-configured to function as an Android Pentesting Environment on any windows based machine without the need of a Virtual Machine(VM) or dualboot.
It is completely portable and can be carried on USB stick or your smartphone. It is one of its kind Android Security Analysis Tool and is a one stop answer for all the tools needed in Android Application Security Assessment, Android Forensics, Android Malware Analysis.
Which tools are included in Appie ?
- Android Debug Bridge
- AndroBugs Framework
- Burp Suite
- Eclipse IDE with Android Developer Tools
- Java Debugger
- SQLite Database Browser
- Volatility Framework
- It also has Java Runtime Environment(JRE) and python installed, so you can run Appie on even a freshly installed windows installation.
- It also has Mozilla Firefox with some security addons.
- Nearly all UNIX commands like ls, cat, chmod, cp, find, git, unzip, mkdir, ssh, openssl, keytool, jarsigner and many others.
- It has also has vulnerable android applications like Owasp GoatDroid Project Configuredand InsecureBank-v2 to test your skills on them.
The installation package could be downloaded from github: