Second step of my “social media detox”: today we destroy the Instagram account!
Main reasons are the same exposed for Facebook account.
I’d like to add a brief quote from Richard Stallman:
Putting the photo of someone on Facebook (or Instagram) contributes to surveillance of that person.https://stallman.org/facebook.html
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account?
When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed.
So as usual i suggest to get a profile backup before starting deleting process:
- Open Instagram in the browser, than go to your profile and click the settings gear.
- Click Privacy & Security
- Scroll down to Data Download and click Request Download
- Enter the email address where you’d like to receive a link to your data and enter your Instagram account password
- When you receive an email titled Your Instagram Data click Download Data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information.
Once you’ve downloaded your instagram data, you would proceed to delete the account:
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password.
- The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Click Permanently delete my account.
- Reasons not to use (i.e., be used by) Facebook
- Instagram submits to Russia censor’s demands – BBC News
- Delete Your Account | Instagram Help Centre