USBSamurai: how to make a remote controlled USB HID injecting cable for less than 10$
The main idea (for the hardware-side) is to re-use the Logitech’s inexpensive Unifying dongles as implants within USB cables.
- Remove the top black case without breaking the dongle;
- Push out the PCB & the orange plastic holder;
- Pop-open an USB Cable and solder the Vcc& GND to their related pins on the CU-0007.
- Once everything will be in place, mount back the metal case of the USB male connector
- Then check if it fits the USB case and glue it with a drop of super-glue.
Congrats! You just created your First USBsamurai!
Now you just need to pair it with @mame82’s LOGITacker v.0.1.3-beta and you are ready to pwn targets!
For the Software-side, the good @mame82 came to help with his majestic LOGITacker framework!
So far it supports 4 different NRF-based boards:
– Nordic nRF52840 Dongle
– MakerDiary MDK Dongle
– MakerDiary MDK
– April Brother nRF52840 Dongle
I personally opted for the 4th one since is the only one with external Antenna (i.e. Longer Range): https://github.com/mame82/LOGITacker#24-april-brother-nrf52840-dongle
Just follow LOGITacker’s readme and install the v.0.1.3-beta and install https://github.com/mame82/LOGITacker/releases/download/v0.1.3-beta/logitacker_aprdongle.uf2